Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Arriving In My Host City


你好!我姓朱。我叫朱铃。朱古力的朱,铃声的铃。我会住在中国的常州一个年。从上海我们在2018年8月24号去了常州。
At around 11:30 PM on August 24, 2018, we NSLI-Y students arrived at our host city, Changzhou! Most of us fell in love with the city right away! The view from our hotel room was beautiful.
At the hotel, I shared a room with Haylie. How fun! With jetlag keeping us awake, we spent the night speaking in Mandarin Chinese. We somehow got on the topic of studying for the HSK. The amount of fun that I had that night/morning made it one of the most memorable moments during the transition period.
Speaking of memorable moments, I cannot go without mentioning the our cultural excursion to the Tianning Temple in Changzhou with AFS China. The view at the top of the temple was beautiful and the breeze was pleasant. A picture says 1000 words but it really can't compare to the feeling you get when you're on-site and in the moment.
It's only been a day and at the moment, I was already falling in love with my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment